Outside Reading times: 150 minutes on January 15, 2012
I have just begun reading The Death Cure, the third and final book in the Maze Runner series, by James Dashner. This series occurs in the future and revolves around a group of children, who are put through dangerous trials by an organization called WICKED to potentially save the human race. So far, the first two books have built in suspense and gotten better and better. I hope this book will continue this pattern and outdo the other two books.
The beginning of this story causes the reader to wonder whether WICKED is good or bad. The children put through the trials are split about this and are skeptical to listen to the people of WICKED after being lied to on multiple occasions. Even as a reader I am unsure whether to believe that WICKED is good and that the children should trust them. I figure this will play a huge part in the plot of the story.
Good reading post, Jared. I like how you keep focus on what the author is pushing you to experience as a reader.
ReplyDelete