Saturday, May 5, 2012

Macbeth's Perspective

My time after the the recent war has been very eventful. I have gone from being the Thane of Glamis to become the Thane of Glamis and Cawdor. In addition, I have earned the title King of Scotland. I enjoy my recently earned positions, but I am now now, more than ever, frightened of my future. I am afraid of someone murdering me as I did to the marvelous King Duncan. Therefore, my outgoing trust is minimal. Sometimes even my wife seems like a person I should be afraid to confide in as I sense a different persona emanating from her.

Always I find myself thinking about the atrocities of the murder I committed. I despise thinking about this dark event, but the thought frequently returns. One reason this thought returns so often is I am terrified that someone will find out that it was me who committed treason against the former King. My wife seems to attempt to calm me down, but I find that she too is having difficulty.

No comments:

Post a Comment