Monday, March 12, 2012

Nervous Conditions End and Test (Free Post)

I am glad that we are done with Nervous Conditions (except for the project). Now I feel that there is less work for me to have to do for English, so I can work on bringing my biology grade up to where it used to be. I felt confident prior to the Nervous Conditions test, that I would do well on the test after finishing the book and paying attention in class discussion. I felt that these two alone would at least get me an "A" on the test. The night before part one of the test, I studied the Prezis Dr. D made and notes I had taken on literary elements and postcolonial literature. Walking into the test with this information in my head, I felt 100% ready for the test.

When glancing at the first part of the test, it looked really long until I realized the first two pages were multiple choice. I worked through the test after that and felt that I knew the answers to the questions. It took me the whole class period (plus three minutes) to take the first part. The second part however took me a bit more than the class time allotted to finish. I ended up writing a lot of annotations for the close reading in a very short amount of time. However, the Literary Analysis was what ate away most of my time. I didn't write a lot (1.25 pages?), but made my point clear in a short and concise manner.

2 comments:

  1. Great post Jared. I felt the same way as you did before the test, and it looks like it paid off for you and me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me the test didnt take the whole time, but i think thats why i didnt do as well as i should have.

    ReplyDelete