While continuing to read farther into the book, Inheritance, many new developments have risen. Recently, the narration has mainly been told from Roran, Eragon's cousin. I have noticed that the author, Christopher Paolini, often switches between these two characters before a large event which leaves the reader wanting to know what happens next. However, before the reader can find out, they must read through the narration from the other character, which later ends with a cliffhanger. This results in a cycle of mini climaxes at the end of a period of narration from each character.
Why do many authors switch between characters before a big event? This is something I have wondered for years. I have seen this in many other novels I have read besides the Inheritance Series. I feel that there is some message that each author is trying to portray, however I can't grasp it. This could be something I can look into as I continue to read this book and see if I can figure out a potential meaning.
No comments:
Post a Comment