Many of you may have wondered about my absence during most of the day on Friday because I am not absent often. This absence was due to a five hour honor band rehearsal I attended composed of the best high school musicians in the parish. Throughout middle school I succeeded in making this band, which of course had easier music than the high school band.
The auditions for the honor band occur yearly. If one makes it into either of the two bands (symphonic band containing better musicians than concert band), then he/she receives music, which they must learn prior to the first rehearsal. The first three rehearsals are all two hours long and occur in the evening. The final rehearsal occurs upon the day of the concert during school hours.
Last night (Friday), was the night of the concert. It went better than anyone had predicted (even the conductor). All of the solos were played were impeccable. After the concert ended, I had two movements of a song called Incidental Suite stuck in my head. This song is probably my favorite of all of the ones we played.
Congratulations, Jared. That sounds exciting.
ReplyDelete